OTET 2013 Question Paper for English Subject is given below. These questions were asked in the OTET 2013 Paper-2 English Questions Section. There was 30 questions asked from the English Section. It was compulsory of both Science and Arts stream. There was no Negative Marking for Wrong answer. Prepare these Previous Year Odisha TET English Questions to know the level of exam.
OTET 2013 Paper-2 ENGLISH Questions Paper
Answer the following questions choosing the correct alternatives given (Q. Nos. 61 to 70) :
61. The Right of Childeren to Free and Compulsory Education came into force in ________.
- (A) 2008
- (B) 2009
- (C) 2010
- (D) 2011
62. The NCF, 2005 aims at providing quality education to all the learners by :
- (A) Connecting knowledge to life outside the school
- (B) Ensuring learning to be shifted away from rote learning and making examinations more flexible
- (C) Enriching the curriculum for all round develpment of the learners
- (D) All of the above
63. Effective learning takes place when the learners are :
- (A) passive
- (B) quiet
- (C) interactive
- (D) good at preparing for the examination
64. Reading for comprehension and explanation in the 5E Model of teaching can be best achieved if ________ :
- (A) learners speak words softly while reading
- (B) learners read silently
- (C) learners run a finger or a pencil under the line
- (D) learners read the text loudly
65. The subskill of ________ is ‘Skimming’. :
- (A) Reading
- (B) Writing
- (C) Listening
- (D) Speaking
66. Some noise in a language class indicates ________ :
- (A) indiscipline of the learners
- (B) teacher’s inability to control the class
- (C) constructive actvities with the learners engaged in language activities
- (D) in-competence of the teacher
67. For learning a language perfectly and scientifically the first two macro skills that a learner should come across in the process are :
- (A) reading and writing
- (B) listening and speaking
- (C) listening and reading
- (D) speaking and writing
68. The terms like “Simile” and “Metaphor” are associated with :
- (A) prose
- (B) poetry
- (C) story
- (D) grammar
69. If RMSA : OMSM, SSA : —————— .
- (A) DPC
- (B) T. E. & SCERT
- (C) OPEPA
- (D) OSSA
70. Students need to brain storm ideas, organize them, draft, edit and revise their work. It is a process which reflects :
- (A) reading skills
- (B) writing skills
- (C) listening skills
- (D) speaking skills
Read the paragraphs carefully and answer the following five questions
(Q. Nos. 71 to 75) choosing the correct alternatives :
Long-term prisoners are allowed to keep animals pets. The commonest pets were squirrels and mongooses. Dogs are not allowed in jails but cats seem to be encouraged. A little kitten made friends with me once. It belonged to a jail official and when he was transferred, he took it away with him. I missed it.
Once a jail official left behind a bitch. The poor thing became a homeless wanderer and starved. As I was kept in the lock-up outside the jail proper, she used to come to me begging for food. I began to feed her regularly and she gave birth to a litter of pups under
a small bridge. Many of these were taken away, but three remained and I fed them. One of these pups fell ill and gave me a great deal of trouble.
71. The pets that are disallowed to the long term prisoners are ———— .
- (A) squirrels
- (B) mongooses
- (C) cats
- (D) dogs
72. The author missed friendship with a little kitten since :
- (A) the little one died
- (B) the little one was kept in the lock-up
- (C) the little one went away with its master
- (D) its master didn’t allow their friendship
73. The poor thing that became homeless was a ________.
- (A) dog
- (B) kitten
- (C) bitch
- (D) mongoose
74. The author could feed the bitch regularly as he was kept :
- (A) in the jail proper
- (B) with the jailer
- (C) outside the jail proper
- (D) none of the above
75. I began to feed her regularly.
Here the underlined word is a / an ________.
- (A) Noun
- (B) Pronoun
- (C) Adjective
- (D) Adverb
Read the poem carefully and answer the questions choosing the correct alternatives given (Q. Nos. 76 to 80) :
There dwelt a miller, hale and bold,
Beside the river Dee,
He wrought and sang from morn to night,
No lark more blithe than he
And this the burden of his song
For ever used to be,
“I envy nobody, no, not I, And nobody envies me”.
“Thou’rt wrong my friend !” said old king Hal
“Thour’t wrong as wrong can be :
For, could my heart be light as thine,
I would gladly change with thee.
And tell me now what makes the sing
With voice so loud and free,
While I am sad, though I’m the king,
Beside the river Dee.”
Thie Miller smilled, and doffed his cap : “I earn my bread,” quoth he ;
“I love my wife, I love my friends,
I love my children three ;
I owe no penny, I can’t pay,
I thank the river Dee,
That turns the mill that grinds the corn,
To feed my babes and me.”
76. The Miller leads a quite happy life beacuse :
(A) he earns his bread
(B) he loves his wife, children and friends
(C) he doesn’t borrow any money
(D) all of the above
77. The Miller’s song is compared to the song of :
- (A) a bird
- (B) a singer
- (C) king Hal
- (D) a musician
78. The Miller thanks the river Dee for :
- (A) he lives beside the river
- (B) it turns his mill
- (C) he sails his boat there
- (D) the river is very famous in England
- 79. The king Hal envies the Miller of his :(A) mill
- (B) wife
- (C) three children
- (D) happy life
80. “The Miller smiled and doffed his cap.”
In the above line the word ‘doffed’ means :
- (A) removed
- (B) put on
- (C) threw
- (D) burnt
Answer the following questions choosing the correct alternatives given (Q. Nos. 81 to 90) :
81. While passing by, I heard a blind boy ________ a beautiful devotional song.
- (A) sing
- (B) singing
- (C) to sing
- (D) sung
82. Please meet me ________ .
- (A) on Monday next week at 11.30 AM in my office
- (B) at 11.30 AM on Monday in my office next week
- (C) in my office at 11.30 AM on Monday next week
- (D) at 11.30 AM next week in my office on Monday
83. Mrs Aishwarya Roy Bachan has ________ eyes.
- (A) beautiful big blue
- (B) beautiful blue big
- (C) big beautiful blue
- (D) blue big beautiful
84. Mansi, a friend of Lopa’s died ________ an air crash last week.
- (A) of
- (B) in
- (C) from
- (D) by
85. The Passive of :
“People say Netaji was brave”.
- (A) Netaji was said to be brave.
- (B) Netaji was said to have been brave.
- (C) Netaji is said to be brave.
- (D) Netaji is said to have been brave.
86. The indirect speech of :
“Let’s stop here and rest for a while”, Gomati said to her friends.
- (A) Gomati suggested that we should stop here and rest for a while.
- (B) Gomati suggested her friends that they should stop here and rest for a while.
- (C) Gomati suggested her friends that they should stop there and rest for a while.
- (D) Gomati suggested that we must stop here and rest for a while.
87. Had I had a lot of money, ________ .
- (A) I would buy a car
- (B) I will buy a car
- (C) I will have bought a car
- (D) I would have bought a car
88. One comes across a real good Hindi movie only once in a blue moon. The underlined phrase means :
- (A) always
- (B) rarely
- (C) sometimes
- (D) every month
89. Mr. Senapti was given a cold reception at the Party.
The underlined phrase means :
- (A) a welcome lacking affection
- (B) a good reception
- (C) a reception with cold drinks
- (D) a reception with a good humour
90. The meaning of “in the swim” is ________ .
- (A) to cross a river by boat
- (B) to cross a river by swimming
- (C) to be in a river
- (D) knowing latest current things