OTET 2013 Question Paper for Social Studies subject is given below. In Odisha TET 2013 Paper-II Examination there questions were asked in the Optional Paper-B ( SOCIAL STUDIES) Subject. There are total 60 question from Social Studies Paper, each carrying 1 mark. There was no negative marking for wrong answer. The candidates who belongs to Arts Stream has to choose this Social Studies Paper. If you are going to appear the Odisha Teacher Eligibility Test, then prepare these questions.
OTET 2013 Question Paper – SOCIAL STUDIES
91. From which of the following rock inscriptions the detail information of Kharbela’s reign is found ?
- Rani Gumpha
- Byaghra Gumpha
- Hati Gumpha
- Bhalluka Gumpha
92. How many princely states were there both in India and Pakistan when India got Indepen- dence in the year 1947 ?
93. Who did compose “The Mahabharat” in Telugu language ?
94.Which one of the followings is a famous Jain literature ?
- Pragnyaparamita Sutasastra
- Abhidharma Pitak
- Mahabibhasa Sastra
95. Who among the following did excavate the Kausalyaganga Water Reservoir in Bhubaneswar ?
- Narasinghadev – I
- Langula Narasinghadev
- Ananta Barma Chodagangadev
96. Who of the following rulers was a contemporary of Adikabi Sarala Das ?
- Kapilendra Dev
- Narasinghadev – I
- Anangabhimadeva – III
- Anantavarma Chodagangadev
97. Which country of the following was not associated with the formation of “East India”
98. In which of the following articles of our constitution, the right to constitutional remedies has been assigned ?
99.Which one of the followings is not a fundamental right ?
- Right to Freedom
- Right to Equality
- Right to Property
- Cultural and Educational Right
100. Which one of the following dates is observed every year as the ‘International Women’s Day’ ?
- 8 – March
- 9 – March
- 8 – September
- 9 – September
101.The Islam saints are called ‘Sufi’ because —
- They put on clean clothes
- They put on woolen garments
- They put on ordinary clothes
- They put on very costly clothes
102. Most of the inhabitants of Maldives belong to which of the following communities ?
103. Which one of the following dynasty did Kapilendra Dev establish ?
- Surya Dynasty
- Ganga Dynasty
- Bhoi Dynasty
- Keshari Dynasty
104. The Charter of the U. N. O. has been written in how many languages ?
105.According to which constitutional amendment, the provision for free and compulsory edu- cation has been made for the children in the age group of 06 to 14 years ?
106.Which of the following was not included in the Armed force segment of Anantavarma Chodagangadev ?
107.In which of the following countries did the Glorious Revolution take place in 1688 A. D. ?
108. By whom was the Gobardhana Matha in Puri, established?
- Sri Chaitanya
109.Which one of the following is not a function of the Pressure group ?
- To influence the members of the Legislative Assembly
- To work for self interest
- To request the members of the Legislative Assembly
- To control the memebrs of the Legislative Assembly
110. Which one of the followings is different from the other three from uses of learning aids ?
111. Which of the following states was not conquered by Qutubuddin Aibaq ?
112. Which one of the following is measured by standardised evaluation ?
- Organisational ability
- Comparative picture of relative achievements
- Analytical knowledge
- Knowledge on system and process
113. Which of the following is more relevant for the teaching of histroy ?
- Story telling
- Problem solving
- Discussion cum narration
114. Evaluation in the Annual Examination belongs to which one of the following categorise of evaluations ?
115.Which one of the following is not relevant to impart education through the process of field trip ?
- Student gains knowledge by experience
- Emergence of ideas of cooperation and team-spirit
- Opportunity for acquisition of knowledge through work
- Acquisition of direct and concrete knowledge
116. The teaching of which of the following social values is not associated with history teaching ?
- Disciplinary growth
- Social and cultural knowledge
117. Which one is not a benefit that a student gets by teaching history through dramatization method ?
- Utilization of mental power and talent of the learner
- Enhancement of interest of a learner
- Development of cancret idea about the past
- Past becomes lively
118. While preparing which one of the following emphasis has to be given on instructional objectives, content selection, examples, presentation method, analysis and evaluation :
- Lesson Content
- Lesson Plan
- Text Books
- Tour Planning
119. Which one of the following is not associated with the Black Board Work ?
- Writing in clean and big letter
- Keeping distance among lines
- To write and erase simultaneously
- To give general ideas on the left side
120. Which teaching-aid is not essential in teaching historical events ?
- Time Line
- Guide Book
- Text Book
- Reference Book
121. Which colour is used to show shallow water on a map ?
- Light Blue
- Deep blue
122. Which is not a factor for regulating climate ?
- Distance from the sea
123. Where do the rays of the sun fall vertically on 21st of June ?
- Topic of capricorn
- Arctic circle
- Tropic of cancer
124. The land-form “Barkhan” is formed by which agent of erosion ?
- Underground Water
125. Which of the followings is not included in map study ?
- Learning Map Language
- Map Preservation
- Map interpretation
126. Which is not a form of condensation ?
127.Stratosphere lies between which of the following two spheres ?
- Mesosphere and Thermosphere
- Thermosphere and Troposphere
- Troposphere and Mesosphere
- Exosphere and Mesosphere
128.The Hirakud Dam Project of Odisha was established during which five year plan ?
129. Which one of the following minerals is different ?
130.Which element is not applied in Bio Farming ?
- Green Manure
- Chemical fertiliser
131. Which tree is found in Taiga ?
- Palm oil
132. Which type of climate is felt in Gopalpur of Odisha ?
- Desert climate
- Equator climate
133. Which type of soil is found in Angul and Athmallik of Odisha ?
- Red Soil
- Black Soil
- Brown Soil
134. Which of the followings doesn’t have any connection with Global Warming ?
- Emission of poisonous gas and smoke from industries
- Smoke from vehicles
- Decrease in carbon dioxide in the atmosphere
135. The Oceanic Floor belongs to which category of land form ?
136. If one travels from Balasore to Berhampur via Cuttack by train, he / she will pass the rivers in which order ?
- Mahanadi, Brahmani, Baitarani, Rushikulya
Baitarani, Brahmani, Mahanadi, Rushikulya
Rushikulya, Mahanadi, Brahmani, Baitarani
Brahmani, Baitarani, Rushikulya, Mahanadi
137. Which animals are found more in swamps of Assam ?
138. Which place has India got in the production of cotton in the World ?
139. What is the reason for forming a desert in Rajastan ?
- Rise in temperature
- Uncertain rain fall
- Sudden change in temperature
- The spread of Arabali from North to South
140. In which state is Salem Steel plant situated ?
- Tamil Nadu
141. What should the teacher do to remedie the interview weakness of the learner ?
- Inspire the learner
- Strengthen mental strength of the learner
- Practise the text-books of the learner
- Give emphasis in oral test in the class-room
142. Which one of the following is correct from the Nature and Scope of Geography ?
- Geography is a Social Science
- Geography is a Natural Science
- Geography is a Natural and Human Science
- All of the above
143. What does the symbol ‘====’ indicate in the Geographical Map ?
- Concrete Roads
- District Roads
- National Highways
- Railway Lines
144.Which method is useful in teaching regional geography ?
- Free Observation
- Indirect Observation
145. Which one is different from other three from Geography teaching point of view ?
- Study tour
- Educational exhibition
- Field trip
146. Which of the following type of question is difficult and time consuming to prepare but easy, speedy and correct evaluation ?
- Objective based
- Very short answer type
- Long answer type
147.To which method does it indicate if a teacher dividing the students of class VI into two groups by engaging them to prepare a globe using local resources ?
- Local Tour
- Local Visit
- Collection of Local Specimens
- Project Planning
148.R : F of a map is 1 : 1000000. What is the actual distance if the distance between two places in the map is 4 cm ?
- 4 K. M.
- 40 K. M.
- 10 K. M.
- 100 K. M.
149.Which colour does indicate the plateau in the Geographical Map ?
- Deep Brown
- Light Brown
- Deep Yellow
150.A teacher taught the position of India using a physical map. Which method does it signify in Geography teaching ?
- Demonstration of teaching aids
- Direct observation
- Free observation
- Indirect observation