Odisha Staff selection Commission (OSSC ) is going to conduct the, Soil Conservation Extension Worker (SCEW) exam very soon. OSSC SCEW Syllabus & OSSC SCEW Exam Pattern is given below. OSSC Soil Conservation Extension Officer exam will be conducted in two stages that is Paper-I and Paper-II. Paper-I question is of 100 marks and 1:30 hour duration and Paper-II of 120 Marks and 1:30 duration. There is no Viva-Voce Test. All questions are objective type with negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer. The detail ossc scew question pattern and syllabus is mentioned below.
OSSC SCEW Exam Pattern:
OSSC SCEW Exam Pattern is mentioned below. It consists of Two paper. Each paper is of One and Half Hour duration. All the questions are objective type. There is Negative marking for each wrong answer.
- The standard of examination shall be equivalent to that of +2 science/+2 Vocational course examination.
- The questions in all papers shall be objective type with multiple choice answers and the examination will be conducted in OMR sheets.
- There will be negative marking (0.25 marks) for each wrong answer in Paper-II (Technical Paper).
OSSC SCEW Syllabus (Complete)
Soil Conservation Extension Worker Syllabus:
(a) Paper-I. Part —I: General Studies & Language. -50 marks
- In this category, there shall be a series of matching questions of different categories like:
- Matching Historical events with dates, personalities and places.
- Geographical facts with places.
- States, Countries and Institutions with headquarters. Books and authors
- Scientific facts and discoveries with dates, persons and uses. Current events with places and personalities and,
- Matching questions of miscellaneous type.
Part —II: English Language: -25 marks
- Verbs, Tenses, Active and Passive voice, Subject-verb agreement.
- Connectors, Types of sentences, Direct and indirect speech, Comparison.
- Articles, Noun, Pronoun, Prepositions.
- Unseen Passage (400-450 words in length) with a variety of comprehension questions.
Part —III: Odia Language: -25 marks
- Grammar : 15 Marks
- Composition : 5 Marks
- Comprehension of an unseen prose passage Five short questions to be asked : 05 marks
(b) Paper- II. Part —I: Mathematics- MCQ types -50 marks
- Number System
- HCF and LCM
- Squares and Square Roots Cubes and Cube Roots Percentage and Averages
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest
- Profit, Loss and Discount. Partnership.
- Ratio and Proportion.
Under this, there will be a series of questions in Practical Mathematics required for day-to-day use. The questions would be such as to test candidate’s ability to work out with quickness and accuracy.
Part-II: General Science -70 marks
(i) Physics -20 marks
(ii) Chemistry -20 marks
(iii) Biology -20 marks
(iv) Crop Production/Agriculture/Horticulture/Repair and maintenance of power drivenfarm machinery etc. -10 marks
There is no Viva-Voce Test as per the provisions of Government of Odisha, Agriculture Department Resolution Number 11804/Ag, dtd.27.07.2015.