OSSC Junior Clerk Assistant Prelim Answer Key 2016
OSSC JA JC Prelim Answer Sheet
1. Who discovered the relationship E=mc2 ?
Ans : Albert Einstein
2. Which is the unit of measurement of electrical resistance ?
Ans : Ohm
3. A cricket player drwas his hand back while taking a catch. This is an example of
Ans : Momentum
4. A vehicle starts from rest and gradually increases its motion. What is the phenomenon like ?
Ans : Acceleration
5. Which of the following phenomena is the effect of the centrifugal force ?
- Bending of a cyclist while turning
- Bulging of the Earth at equator
- Earth moving round the Sun
- Movement of electrons around the nuceious
- Turning of a moving car
6. An air bubble in water behaves as a
(1) Concave lens
(2) Concave mirror
(3) Convex lens
(4) Convex mirror
(5) Plane mirror
Ans : Convex Lense
7. Which one is a bad conductor of electricity though being a good conductor of heat ?
Ans : Mica
8. Spherical dew drops develop over leaf surfaces in winter This is due to
- Capillary action
- Surface tension
Ans : Surface Tension
9. Which of the following radioactive elements is used in the central core of the hydrogen bombs ?
Ans : Plutonium
10. A copper vessel turns green when left exposed to air for long time. It is due to the formation of :
(1) Copper Carbonate
(2) Copper Hydroxide
(3) Copper Nitrate
(4) Copper Oxide
(5) Copper Sulfate
Ans : Copper Sulfate
11. Which organ is known as the ‘Blood Bank’ of the human body ?
Ans : Spleen
12. Which of the following types of joints in the skeletal system of humans is found in the hip region ?
(1) Ball and Socket
Ans : Ball and Socket
13. Which of the following is not present in animal cell ?
- Cell Wall
Ans : Cell Wall
14. Photoperiodism is the response of organism to
(1) periodic change in humidity
(2) Rhythmic fluctuations in
(3) Seasonal variation in water temperature availability
(4) Variation in day length
(5) Variation in the pH of the soil
Ans : Variation in day length
15. The interaction between leguminous plants and nitrogen fixing bacteria is an example of
Ans : Mutualism
16. The most genetically modified plant is
17. Enhanced growth in the production of shrimps by improved methods is called :
- Blue Revolution
- Grey Revolution
- Pink Revolution
- White Revolution
- Yellow Revolution
Ans : Blue Revolution (Doubt)
18. Which of the following biosphere reserves in India has not been recognized by UNESCO on World Network of Biosphere Reserves ?
(2) Gulf of Mannar
Ans : Panchmarhi
19. Acid rain is a cocktail of :
(1) Hydrochloric acid and Nitric acid
(2) Hydrochloric acid and Sulphuric acid
(3) Sulphuric acid and Nitric acid
(4) Water and Nitric acid
(5) Water and Sulphuric acid
20. What is the function of ‘F7′ key in the Microsoft Word programme ?
(1) It helps in changing the font face
(2) It helps in changing styles
(3) It helps in checking spellings and grammar
(4) It helps in formatting the paragraph
(5) It opens up the Thesaurus
Ans : It helps in checking spellings and grammar
21. Which of the following keys in Microsoft Excel programme helps in inserting a hyperlink ?
Ans : Ctrl + K
22. In a class of 180 students, 4/15th of the strength, were absent on a rainy day. If 3/4th of those present had brought rainy coat, then how many did not bring rainy coat ?
23. In a temple five bells toll together and , then toll at intervals of 6,7,8,9 and • 12 seconds respectively. After what time lag will all the bells toll together again ?
24. There are three towers — A, B and C. Height of the tower A is 20% less than the height of tower B, while the height of tower C is 20% more than that of tower B. By what percentage is the height of tower C greater than the height of tower A ?
43. The word secular is a /an :
Ans : Noun
44. ‘Something happening in the night’ is known as :
45. Which of the following is the past tense of the verb ‘bleed’ ?
Ans : Bled
51. Which country has shown most radical improvement during 2009¬2015 as per the recent release of the Legatum Prosperity Index List,
Ans : Denmark
52. Which cities shall be developed as “Smart Cities” by the technical assistance of the French Development Agency as per the recent MoU signed
between India and France ?
(1) Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Puducherry
(2) Bhubaneswar, Delhi, Nagpur
(3) Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Nagpur
(4) Chandigarh, Nagpur, Puducherry
(5) Delhi, Nagpur, Puducherry
Ans : (4) Chandigarh, Nagpur, Puducherry
53. Which famous film actor has been conferred with “Padmabibhusan” on the occassion of Republic Day. 2016 ?
- Amitabh Bachhan
- Dilip Kumar
Ans : Rajnikanth
54. Who has been awarded with ‘Ashok Chakra’ posthumously on 26th January, 2016 ?
(1) Colonel Santosh Yashwant Mahadik
(2) Lance Naik Mohan Nath Goswami
(3) Naik Satish Kumar
(4) Sepoy Dharma Ram
(5) Sepoy Jagdish Chand
Ans : Lance Naik Mohan Nath Goswami
55. Who among the following awardees of the Ramon Magsaysay Award for the year 2015 has been conferred with the award for ’emergent leadership’ ?
(1) Anshu Gupta
(2) Kommaly Chanthabhong
(3) Kyaw Thu
(4) Ligya Fernando Amilbangsa
(5) Sanjiv Chaturvedi
Ans : Sanjiv Chaturvedi
56. Which missile has been recently test-fired from Integrated Test Range, Chandipur, Odisha on 28th January, 2016 ?
Ans : Akash
57. Which of the following pair of players was defeated by the Santa Mirza and Martina Hingis pair in the Australian Open Women’s Doubles Finals in January, 2016 ?
(1) Andrea Hiavackova and Lucie Hradecka
(2) Anna-Lena Groenefeld and Coco Vandeweghe
(3) Julia Goerges and Carolina Pliskova
(4) Lyudmyla Kichenok and Nadila Kichenok
(5) Svetlana Kuznetsova and Roberta Vinci
Ans : Andrea Hiavackova and Lucie Hradecka
58. Which Indian film was submitted to the 88th Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film ?
- A War
- Son of Saul
Ans : Court
59. Which of the following cartoonists is best known for his comic cartoon strips “You Said It” in the Times ofIndia ?
- Abu Abraham
- K. Shankar Pillai
- Mario Miranda
- R. K. Laxman
- Sudhir Dhar
Ans : R. K. Laxman
60. Which of the following pairs of the musical instruments and their exponents is not correctly matched ?
(1) Flute — Hari Prasad Chaurasia
(2) Santoor — Siv Kumar Sharma
(3) Sarod — Ustad Amjad All Khan
(4) Sitar — S. Balachandran
(5) Tabla — Zakir Hussain
Ans : Sitar — S. Balachandran
61. Four of the following cups are related to a particular game, while one is not. Identify the one?
(1) Canada Cup
(2) Eisenhower Cup
(3) Merdeka Cup
(4) Ryder Cup
(5) Walker Cup
62. Which of the following games played in Manipur, India can be said to be a version of ‘POLO’ ?
(4) Sagol Kangjei
Ans : Sagol Kangjei
63. For which of the following works did Amrita Pritam received the Bharatiya Janapith Award in 1982 ?
(1) Aaj aakhaan Waris Shah nu
(2) Kagaz Te Kanvas
(4) Rasidi Ticket
Ans : Kagaz Te Kanvas
64. In which of the following temples of Odisha are twin ‘Shakti’ shrines worshipped ?
(1) Majhi Ghariani
(2) Tara Tarini Khiching
Ans : Tara Tarini Khiching
65. Which of the following is not among the great truths taught by Buddha ?
(1) Desire can be controlled by following the Eight Fold Path.
(2) Man reaps the fruits of his past deeds.
(3) Pain and misery can be ended by killing desire.
(4) The cause of all pain and misery is desire.
(5) The world is full of sorrow and misery.
Ans : Man reaps the fruits of his past deeds.
66. What is the year of commencement of “Saka Era” ?
(1) 483 B. C.
(2) 57 B. C.
(3) 78 A. D.
(4) 320 A. D.
(5) 622 A. D.
Ans : 78 A. D.
67. Chanakya was the political advisor of :
Ans : Chandragupta
68. Who among the following can be distuinguished from the other four on the basis of the nature of religious movement in medival India ?
69. Whose period of reign is known as the ‘Golden Age of the Mughal Empire ?
Ans : Shah Jahan
70. Which of the following European colonialists established their capital at Pondicherry ?
Ans : French
71. Who became the First Governor General of India under the British Rule ?
- Lord Bentinck
- Lord Cornwallis
- Lord Dalhousie
- Lord Hastings
- Lord Wellesley
Ans : Warren Hastings
72. Which was the major driving force behind the Revolt of 1857 ?
(1) British reforms like widow marriage, Sati abolition
(2) Discriminatory tariff policy and heavy taxation
(3) Introduction of Enfield rifle using animal fat
(4 ) Military discrimination against Indian Soldiers
5) The Doctrine of Lapse introduced by Dalhousie
Ans : Introduction of Enfield rifle using animal fat
73. Arya Samaj was founded by ?
(1) Radhakant Deb
(2) Raja Ram Mohan Roy
(3) Swamy Dayanand
(4) Swami Vivekananda
(5) Tulsi Ram
Ans : Swamy Dayanand
74. Which is the year of ‘Champaran Satyagraha’?
Ans : 1917
75. Four of the following happend in one year, while one was not.identify the odd one ?
(1) Cripps Mission to India
(2) Commencement of Congress Radio
(3) Lord Wavell convened Shimla Conference
(4) Establishment of ‘Azad Hind Fauj’
(5) Quit India Movement
Ans : Lord Wavell convened Shimla Conference
76. Which of the following is not resulted due to the rotation of the Earth ?
(1) Causation of day and night
(2) Causation of seasons
(3) Time difference between meridians
(4) Change in the direction of winds and ocean currents
(5) Rise and fall of tides everyday
Ans : Change in the direction of winds and ocean currents
86 The highest peak of Orissa is :
(1) The Bhismagiri
(2) The Deomali
(3) The Khairburu
(4) The Mahendragiri
(5) The Meghasini
Ans : The Deomali
87. Which of the following countries is not a member of G-8 ?
(4) United Kingdom
(5) United States
Ans : China
88. The First Woman Chief Minister of an Indian state is :
(1) Mrs. Annie Besant
(2) Mrs. Indira Gandhi
(3) Mrs. Saropni Naidu
(4) Mrs. Sucheta Kripalani
(5) Mrs. Vijaya Laxmi Pandit
Ans : Mrs. Sucheta Kripalani
89. According to the recent provisions in the Indian Constitution the ‘right to information’ is a corollary of the right to freedom of :
(2) Forming Associations
(4) Profession, Occupation, Trade and Business
(5) Speech and Expression
Ans : Speech and Expression
90. Which form of write can be issued by a court in case the executive authority arrests a person in contravention of the procedure established by law ?
(2) Habeas Corpus
(5) Quo Warranto
91 Which Article of the Indian Constitution relating “Directive Principles of State Policy” has the provision to protect the monuments of historic interest and national importance
(1) Article 47
(2) Article 48
(3) Article 49
(4) Article 50
(5) Article 51
92. Which union territory is different from the other four in terms of the designation of the Head of Office ?
- Dadra and Nagar Havel
- Daman and Diu
93. Which of the following types of income earned by an individual in India is exempt from income tax ?
(1) Agricultural income
(2) Capital gains
(3) Income from house property
(4) Income from salary
(5) Profit and gains from bus or profession
Ans : Agricultural income
94. What happens when ‘there is excess production over demand’ ?
Ans : Deflation
95. The total money value of all final goods and services produced within the geographical boundaries of the country during a given period of time’ is known as
(1) Gross National Product
(2) Gross Domestic Product
(3) Net National Product
(4) National Income
(5) National Wealth
Ans : National Income
96. Which of the following rural development programmes is not subsumed within the ‘National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (NREGS)’ ?
(1) Employment Assurance Scheme
(2) Jawahar Gram Sarnriddhi Yojana
(3) National Food for Work Programme
(4) Nehru Rozgar Yojana
(5) Sampoorna Gramin Rozgar Yojana
97 The type of unemployment resulting due to the non-utilisation of the optimal efficiency and capability of a worker is called .
- Disguised unemployment
- Ft:motional unemployment
- Open unemployment
- Structural unemployrnent
98. The banking institution that facilitates the Indian exporters to operate in international market is
Ans : EXIM
99. The ‘one rupee currency note bears the signature of
(1) Governor, Reserve Bank of India
(2) Minister of Finance
(3) President of India
(4) Prime Minister of India
(5) Secretary, Ministry of Finance
Ans : Minister of Finance
100. In which state in India is the share of population below poverty line the highest?
(3) Madhya Pradesh
(5) West Bengal
Ans : Jharkhand