Social Studies paper is an Optional paper of OTET Paper-II Exam. From this subject 60 questions are asked. OTET 2014 Paper 2 Social Studies Question Paper is given below. These 60 questions were asked in Social Studies sections, from History, Geography and Politics.
OTET 2014 Paper 2
Social Studies Question Paper
91. On which aspect does a myth give importance ?
- (A) Historical fact
- (B) Reality of event
- (C) Imaginary picture
- (D) Legend
92. Which is used for the enrichment of content knowledge ?
- (A) Guide Book
- (B) Text Book
- (C) Reference Book
- (D) Practice Book
93. Which is not a characteristics of excursion ?
- (A) Giving independence in learning
- (B) Acquisition of knowledge from the primary level
- (C) Gain of experience from regulated environment
- (D) Creation of an atmosphere for self learning
94. What are the two objectives of two-dimensional Blue-print ?
- (A) Question and objectives
- (B) Objectives and subjective matter
- (C) Subject and difficult level
- (D) Alternative and objective
95. Which is the source of archaeological evidence ?
- (A) Religious scriptures
- (B) Legends
- (C) Myth
- (D) Inscription
96. Which subject is not associated with Social Science according to Encyclopedia Britanica ?
- (A) Economics
- (B) Geography
- (C) Political Science
- (D) Animal Psychology
97. Which is not an objective of teaching Social Science ?
- (A) Learners are to analyse the scientific methods only
- (B) Learners will know the geographical language and definition
- (C) Learners will know how different countries are dependent on economic matter
- (D) Learners will adopt equimethodical process in the changing circumstances
98. Which is not related with the comprehensive objective of Social Science ?
- (A) Showing the causes of the change of environment
- (B) Determining the relation between economy and development
- (C) Marking the historical places in the map
- (D) Showing the differences of different regions in transport sector
99. The project method is based on progressive ideas of which educationist ?
- (A) John Adam
- (B) John Deway
- (C) Plato
- (D) Rousseau
100. Which one is a thought provoking and anticipatory question ?
- (A) When did Asoka ascend the throne ?
- (B) What impact could have the devastation of Kalinga War brought in the mind of Asoka
- (C) When did the Kaling War take place ?
- (D) What did Asoka do for the spread of Buddhism ?
101. Who does act as the President in the event of the vacancy caused in the office of the President and Vice-President at the same time in our country ?
- (A) Speaker of Lok Sabha
- (B) Seniormost Governor of India
- (C) Chief Election Commissioner of India
- (D) Chief Justice of Supreme Court
102. Who elects the Vice-President of India ?
- (A) Members of the Raiya Sabha
- (B) Elected members of Raiya Sabha
- (C) Elected members of Parliament
- (D) Members of the Parliament and Vidhan Sabhas
103. Which is not a pressure group ?
- (A) Nikhil Utkal Shikshak Mahasangh
- (B) Trinmul Congress
- (C) Hind-Mazdoor Sabha
- (D) Bharatiya Krishak Mahasabha
104. Who appoints the Advocate General of Odisha ?
- (A) President
- (B) Governor
- (C) Chief Minister
- (D) Law-Minister
105. Which is not a justiciable right ?
- (A) Right against exploitation
- (B) Right to education
- (C) Right to vote
- (D) Right to collect donations
106. Who did introduce the Local Self Government system in India ?
- (A) Lord Bentick
- (B) Lord Dalhousie
- (C) Lord Ripon
- (D) Lord Curzon
107. Why did the moderates in Congress profess loyalty to the British Government ?
- (A) They were conservative and weak
- (B) Indians were not possessing military strength
- (C) They were lacking patriotism
- (D) They were believing to transform the British rule into a welfare government
108. Who was involved in the violent incident of Muzaffarpur in 1908 ?
- (A) Surya Sen
- (B) Khudiram Bose
- (C) Jatindranath Mukherji
- (D) Ajit Singh
109. In which century did nationalism emerge as a force in Europe ?
- (A) Fourteenth Century
- (B) Fifteenth Century
- (C) Eighteenth Century
- (D) Nineteenth Century
110. In which country nationalism was not inspired by Napoleonic imperialism ?
- (A) Germany
- (B) Italy
- (C) Greece
- (D) Spain
111. What was the designation of the highest officer of the revenue department during the Mughal period ?
- (A) Mir-Buxi
- (B) Sipahsalar
- (C) Wazir
- (D) Muhtasiv
112. Where is the Buland-Darwala situated ?
- (A) Agra
- (B) Fatehpur Sikri
- (C) Ajmer
- (D) Lahore
113. During the reign of which Mogul ruler was Cooch Bihar annexed to the Mogul empire ?
- (A) Akbar
- (B) Jahangir
- (C) Shah-Jahan
- (D) Aurangzeb
114. On which date did the first war of Indian Independence begin ?
- (A) 14th April 1857
- (B) 10th May 1857
- (C) 16th October 1857
- (D) 5th April 1857
115. By which Act of the British Parliament Supreme Court of India was established ?
- Regulating Act, 1773
- Pitt’s India Act, 1784
- Indian Council Act, 1892
- Govt. of India Act, 1919
116. In which script the inscriptions of Asok are not written ?
- (A) Brahmi
- (B) Kharosthi
- (C) Sanskrit
- (D) Aramaic
117. Which symbol has not been used in the inscriptions of Kharavela ?
- (A) Swastik
- (B) Vriksha
- (C) Chaitya
- (D) Trisul
118. Who built the Barabati Fort ?
- (A) Yayati Keshari
- (B) Chodagangadev
- (C) Purusottam Dev
- (D) Mukundadeva
119. Upto which river in the South did Kapilendradeva spread his empire ?
- (A) Godavari
- (B) Krishna
- (C) Kaveri
- (D) Periyar
120. Which Muslim ruler succeeded in his South Indian Campaign ?
- (A) Iltutmish
- (B) Allauddin Khalji
- (C) Firoz Shah Tughlaq
- (D) Aurangzeb
121. What type of test is used to know the learning weakness in goegraphy ?
- (A) Placement
- (B) Diagnostic
- (C) Formative
- (D) Summative
122. Who promulgated the ‘Project Method’ ?
- (A) Watson
- (B) Stevenson
- (C) Montessori
- (D) John Dewey
123. Who is the centre of the teaching learning process ?
- (A) Text book
- (B) Teacher
- (C) Learner
- (D) Syllabus
124. In which method of Geography teaching do many pupils learn at a time and at a place without wasting money and time ?
- (A) Direct observation
- (B) Indirect observation
- (C) Field trip
- (D) Project-method
125. To which stage of lesson planning in Geography does the ‘Objective Specification’ belong ?
- (A) Introduction
- (B) Presentation
- (C) Conclusion
- (D) Application
126. Given below are the map scales of four different maps shown by the teacher in the classroom. Which map has the smallest scale ?
- (A) 1 c.m. equals to 10 km
- (B) 1 : 125,000
- (C) 1 c.m. equals to 55 km
- (D) 1 : 1500,000
127. Which aspect of the map is shown by contours ?
- (A) Distance
- (B) Relief
- (C) Direction
- (D) Scale
128. Which symbol indicates spring on the map ?
- (A) •
- (B) A
- (C) +
129. By which colour is the settlement shown on the map ?
- (A) Red
- (B) Yellow
- (C) Green
- (D) Brown
130. The teacher used a map in the classroom to teach about the population of Odisha. Which type of map is it ?
- (A) Physical
- (B) Thematic
- (C) Topographical
- (D) Administrative
131. Which rock is different from the other three on the basis of formation ?
- (A) Marble
- (B) Gneiss
- (C) Basalt
- (D) Quartzite
132. What is the density of the mantle layer ?
- (A) 2.75 — 2.9
- (B) 3.1 — 5.0
- (C) 4.75 — 7.5
- (D) 5.1 — 13.0
133. Which type of mountain is the Andese Mountain range ?
- (A) Block
- (B) Fold
- (C) Volcanic
- (D) Residual
134. Which plain is formed due to the work of wind ?
- (A) Deltaic plain
- (B) Drift plain
- (C) Flood plain
- (D) Loess plain
135. Which of the following places is located in a thermal belt different from the other three ?
- (A) Bhopal
- (B) Kolkata
- (C) Mumbai
- (D) Chandigarh
136. By which process is the earth surface cooled in the clear winter nights ?
- (A) Conduction
- (B) Convection
- (C) Radiation
- (D) Evaporation
137. How and when does the sea-breeze blow ?
- (A) During day time from land to sea
- (B) During day time from sea to land
- (C) During night time from land to sea
- (D) During night time from sea to land
138. Which of the following ocean currents is different form the other three on the basis of its location ?
- (A) Canaries current
- (B) Gulf stream
- (C) Labrador current
- (D) Benguela current
139. Where does the main portion of fresh water lie ?
- (A) As running water
- (B) In shape of ice
- (C) Underground water
- (D) Inland water bodies
140. Which category of biota are known as the decomposers ?
- (A) Producer
- (B) Herbivores
- (C) Carnivores
- (D) Detritivores
141. Which of the following types of land use comes under the land not used for argiculture for a long time ?
- (A) Culturable waste
- (B) Fallow land
- (C) Non-agricultural land
- (D) The pasture land
142. Identify the incorrect pair :
- (A) The Chambal — Gandhi Sagar
- (B) The Krishna — Ranapratap Sagar
- (C) The Narmada — Sardar Sarovar
- (D) The Suite] — Govind Sagar
143. Which type of forest is locally known as `Solas’ in South India ?
- (A) Subtropical dry evergreen
- (B) Subtropical Montane
- (C) Temperate Montane
- (D) Wet Montane
144. Which type of species does the wildass belong to.?
- (A) Extinct
- (B) Endangered
- (C) Vulnerable
- (D) Rare
145. In the production of which two minerals does Odisha rank first in India ?
- (A) Manganese and Chromite
- (B) Chromite and Bauxite
- (C) Bauxite and Iron ore
- (D) Manganese and Iron ore
146. Near which place the largest tributary of Mahanadi joins it ?
- (A) Boudh
- (B) Cuttack
- (C) Sambalpur
- (D) Sonepur
147. Which river does not have its source in Odisha ?
- (A) The Baitarani
- (B) The Rushikulya
- (C) The Budhabalanga
- (D) The Subarnarekha
148. Which among the following places in Odisha has the highest the annual range of temperature ?
- (A) Bhadrak
- (B) Jharsuguda
- (C) Phulbani
- (D) Gopalpur
149. Which crop is extensively grown in the sandy coastal land if in Odisha ?
- (A) Ginger
- (B) Cashew
- (C) Turmeric
- (D) Tobacco
150. Identify the incorrect pair :
- (A) Angul —Alumina
- (B) Bileipada — Sponge iron
- (C) Brajarajanagar — Paper
- (D) Rajgangpur — CeTen