In OTET 2014 Paper-II Exam following 60 questions were asked from Science and Math subject. It contains 30 Mathematics questions and 30 Science questions. Each questions carries 1 mark. Total 60 Marks. See the OTET 2014 Paper-2 Math & Science Question Paper below.
OTET 2014 Paper-2
Math & Science Question Paper
91. Which is not an element of activity based approach in learning Mathematics ?
- Content Based
- Spontaneous involvement
92. Which is a projected teaching aid of Mathematics ?
- Napier Piece
- None of these
93. At the introductory stage of teaching Mathematics, the teacher asks some questions. Which is not a reason for it ?
- Testing previous knowledge
- Motivating the pupil
- Giving hints about the difficulty of the new lesson
- Attracting towards the new lesson
94. Which statement indicates the limitation of teaching Mathematics through play ?
- All topics in mathematics can;t be taught through play
- If indulged in play the main aim may be lost
- It is difficult to prepare lesson plan based on play
- All of the above
95. Which two method of teaching mathematics are complementary and dependent to teach other ?
- Inductive and synthetic
- Deductive and Analytic
- Inductive and Analytic
- Analytic and Synthetic
96.Which is not included among the characteristic of Mathematics?
- Mathematics has its own language
- Mathematics is an abstract subject
- Mathematics is a systematic subject
- Mode of expression of Mathematics is systematic
97. A child shows much interest to participate in Mathematics quiz competition . What objective learning does it indicate ?
- Psycho motor
- All of these objectives
98. “Sum of the angles of a triangle is 180 degree’- what method is the best for teaching it in class VI?
- Inductive method
- Deductive method
- Analytic method
- Synthetic method
99. What teaching method is the best for teaching theoretical proof of Geometry in higher classes ?
- Inductive and deductive
- Learning activity
- Analytic and synthetic
100. The first four steps of the problem solving method of learning Mathematics are given . What is the order in which they are to be followed ?
- Collection of relevant information, identifying the problem, Defining the problem and formulating hypothesis.
- Defining the problem, identifying the problem, Collection of relevant information, and formulating hypothesis
- Identifying the problem, Defining the problem, Collection of relevant data and formulating hypothesis
- Formulating hypothesis, Identifying the problem, Defining the problem and Collection of relevant data
101.The cube of the sum of which two numbers chosen from 862, 863, 864 and 865 is a Natural Number ?
- 862 and 863
- 863 and 864
- 862 and 864
- 863 and 865
102. Which of 2^32, 4^15, 8^11, 16^9, 32^6 is the greatest ? (Here “^” is read as “to the power”)
- Not possible to answer
103. If x=99, what is the value of x(x^2+3x+3) ?
104. In ann examination, a candidate scores 4 marks for every correct answer and loses one mark for every wrong answer. If a candidate answered 100 questions and scored 210 marks, how many of his answers were wrong?
105. A shop keeper marked the price of article 20% above his purchase price. What percentage of discount should he allowed, while selling, so that he gets a profit of 8%?
106. Which of the following pairs do not have a direct variation between them ?
- No. of persons engaged to do a work and the number of days required by them to complete the work
- The no of visitors in a gallery of a circus shows and the amount of money in rupees collected from the sale of gallery tickets
- No. f persons engaged in a work and their wages in rupees
- The time (in hours) for which a train moved with a uniform speed and the distance covered (in Km)
107. What is the additive inverse of the multiplicative inverse of 2/3 ?
108. To which of the following sets of numbers a non-zero number x could belong, so that multiplicative inverse of x also belongs to the same set ?
- Set of Natural numbers (N)
- Set of extended Natural numbers (N*)
- Set of integers (Z)
- Set of rational number (Q)
109. The present age of Arjun is twice that of Sriya. If five years ago Arjun was thrice as old as Sriya was then,what is the present age of Arjun?
(NOTE : Some questions are not given in this list due to the difficulty in writing. )
121. Which is not an element of learning activity in science ?
- (A) Challenging
- (B) Joyful
- (C) Spontaneous involvement
- (D) Difficultly
122. In which method of teaching-learning science, the learner has more active participation ?
- (A) Explanation
- (B) Discussion
- (C) Project
- (D) Demonstration
123. In a period, during teaching the teacher asks some questions. What type of questions are these?
- (A) Formative
- (B) Summative
- (C) Diagnostic
- (D) Placement
124. Which is not associated with Psychological constructivism ?
- (A) Self concept
- (B) Acquired knowledge
- (C) Previous experience
- (D) Social relationship
125. In a question, it is asked to plot a graph on the given data and to answer some lesson-based questions relating to the graph :
(i) This is a skill-based question
(ii) This is an application-based question
(iii) This is a knowledge based question
- (A) Only (i) is correct
- (B) Only (iii) is correct
- (C) Both (i) and (ii) are correct
- (D) Both (i) and (iii) are correct
126. The quantity of electricity consumed by a 500 W heater used for 6 hours is equal to the quantity of electricity consumed by how many 40 W bulbs glowing for 5 hours at a time ?
This question belongs to which category ?
- (A) Knowledge
- (B) Understanding
- (C) Application
- (D) Skill
127. Which is different from others with regard to instructional objectives of teaching science ?
- (A) A learner drew the diagram of a flower
- (B) A learner labelled the different parts of the diagram correctly
- (C) The same learner explained the functions of the different parts of a flower
- (D) The same learner explained the formation of fruit from a flower
128. Which statement is related to the discovery method of teaching science ?
- (A) Learners are active participants
- (B) Much can be learnt in less time
- (C) It is suitable for large class
- (D) Syllabus can be covered in proper time
129. Which is not the objective of science-related additional booklets ?
- (A) Knowing more information
- (B) Increasing interest in science
130. Which one is not an indicator of science-related affective development ?
- (A) Taking part in science exhibition
- (B) Taking active part in celebrating the birth day of scientists
- (C) Securing highest marks in the science subject
- (D) Conducting simple science experiments at home
131. What is the major constituent of cell wall ?
- (A) Lipoprotein
- (B) Starch
- (C) Cellulose
- (D) Phospholipid
132. Which is a serious blood related disease ?
- (A) Tuberculosis
- (B) Anthrax
- (C) Typhoid
- (D) Tetanus
133. Which is correct statement ?
(i) Free living Rhizobium fixes atmospheric nitrogen
(ii) Canker of citrus is caused by bacteria
(iii) Preservation of milk can be done by pasteurization
- (A) (i) and (ii) are correct but (iii) is wrong
- (B) (i) and (iii) are correct but (ii) is wrong
- (C) (ii) and (iii) are correct but (i) is wrong
- (D) (i), (ii) and (iii) are all correct
134. Which does regulate the effect of hormones during adolescence ?
- (A) Sweat gland
- (B) Sebaceous gland
- (C) Mucus gland
- (D) Pituitary gland
135. Which is a wrong concept regarding physical change during adolescence ?
- (A) Sudden increase in height
- (B) Change of voice
- (C) The ability of brain not developed
- (D) Probable increase in the height of girls over boys of same age group
136. Which is not an adaptation of Cactus ?
- (A) Presence of leaves
- (B) Modified stem
- (C) Fleshy stem
- (D) Deep penetrated root
137. Which does not respire through gills ?
- (A) Crab
- (B) Crocodile
- (C) Tadpole of frog
- (D) Fish
138. Which is the correct statement ?
(i) The rate of absorption of water increases when the rate of transpiration increases
(ii) Transpiration takes place by cuticle.
(iii) Transpiration occurs during daytime only
- (A) (i) and (ii) correct, but (iii) is wrong
- (B) (i) and (iii) are correct, but (ii) is wrong
- (C) (ii) and (iii) are correct, but (i) is wrong
- (D) (i), (ii) and (iii) are correct
139. Which is not a cause of soil erosion ?
- (A) Water current
- (B) Wind
- (C) Shifting cultivation
- (D) Afforestation
140. Which organelle is present in the cells of higher animals ?
- (A) Vacuole
- (B) Nucleolus
- (C) Chloplast
- (D) Cell wall
141. How much time a bus will take to cover a distance of 3 km on a straight road when it started its journey from rest with an acceleration of 0.6 m/s2 ?
- (A) 60 s
- (B) 80 s
- (C) 100 s
- (D) 120 s
.142. According to Newton’s second law of motion which one is taken along with mass to measure force ?
- (A) Velocity
- (B) Change of velocity
- (C) Rate of change of velocity
- (D) Square of velocity
144. To what height will a ball rise when it is projected vertically upwards with a velocity of 14 m/s ? (g = 9.8 m/s2)
- (A) 7 m
- (B) 10 m
- (C) 14 m
- (D) 20 m
145. If the length of an electric conductor is doubled by a machine, then its specific resistance shall be :
- (A) one-fourth
- (B) halved
146. (i) Molecular weight is applicable in the cases of compounds only.
(ii) Molecular weight is applicable in the cases of all elements and all compounds.
(iii) Molecular weight is applicable in the cases of all compounds and some elements.
- (A) (i) is correct and (ii) and (iii) are wrong
- (B) (ii) is correct and (i) and (iii) are wrong
- (C) (iii) is correct and (i) and (ii) are wrong
- (D) (i), (ii) and (iii) are wrong
147. (i) Lithium ion
(ii) Fluoride ion
(iii) Magnesium ion
(iv) Chloride ion
Which two of the above contain the same number of electrons ?
- (A) (i) and (ii)
- (B) (iii) and (iv)
- (C) (i) and (iv)
- (D) (ii) and (iii)
148. (i) The valency of `Fe’ in FeCl2 and that of ‘S’ in SO2 are the same.
(ii) The valency of `Sn’ in SnO2., and that of ‘C’ in 0014 are the same.
(iii) The valency of ‘N’ in N20 and that of ‘S’ in H2S are the same.
- (A) (i) and (iii) are correct and (ii) is worng
- (B) (ii) is correct and (i) and (iii) are wrong
- (C) (i) and (ii) are correct and (iii) is wrong
- (D) (iii) is correct and (i) and (ii) are wrong
149. (i) N2 (ii) F2 (iii) CO2 (iv) H2O
Considering the number of electrons taking part in the bonding of each of the above molecules, which one of the following sequences is in the increasing order ?
- (A) (i) (ii) (iii) (iv)
- (B) (ii) (iv) (i) (iii)
- (C) (iii) (ii) (i) (iv)
- (D) (iv) (ii) (iii) (i)
(i) Zinc oxide forms salt and water reacting with an acid.
(ii) Zinc oxide forms salt and water reacting with a base.
(iii) All metals produce hydrogen reacting with either dilute sulphuric acid or dilute hydro-chloric acid.
- (A) (i) and (ii) are correct and (iii) is wrong
- (B) (ii) and (iii) are correct and (i) is wrong
- (C) (i) and (iii) are correct and (ii) is wrong
- (D) (i), (ii) and (iii) are correct