OTET 2014 Paper-2 Child Development And Pedagogy Questions are given below. These 30 questions were asked from Child Development And Pedagogy Subject in Odisha Teacher Eligibility Test 2014 Paper-II Exam . Each question carries 1 mark. Total 30 questions, full mark is 30.
OTET 2014 Paper-2
Child Development And Pedagogy Questions
1. Which is a factor of insightful Learning
- Problem solved by insight is remembered for a long period
- Insightful learning is more effective than trial and error learning
- Insight is useful for problem solving
- All of the above
2. The mean age of 20 children of a class is 12. A 10 year old child left the class and a new chil took admission. What is the age of the new child in years?
3. Which statement refers to evaluation ?
- The child stood first securing 94.5% marks
- Area of the house is 1200 square feet.
- The car is running at a speed of 80 Kms per hour.
- Binay completed 100 metre race in 12 seconds.
4. “When one is audience in a meeting claps, others also start clapping” is an example of which type of imitation?
5. Which is not the reason for plateaus in learning ?
- Content difficulty
- Utilizing more time for learning
- Lack of rest
- Ineffective learning method
6. At the beginning of teaching a lesson, some questions are asked. This is based on which law of learning ?
7. (i) All positive emotions are always good.
(ii) All negative emotions are always bad
- (i) is correct and (ii) is wrong
- (ii) is correct and (i) is wrong
- Both (i) and (ii) are correct
- Both (i) and (ii) are wrong
9.Which is not appropriate for cognitive development of the learner at initial stage of learning ?
- Spatial reasoning
10. Visually impaired learners belong to which category of disability group ?
- Mentally handicapped
- Economically handicapped
- Socially handicapped
- None of the above
11. Which is different from other three from evaluation point of view ?
- Rating scale
- Progress card
- Check list
12. According to Piaget, cognitive development takes place in which group of learners t the concrete operational stage ?
- All of the above
13. A teacher emphasis on visual writing while teaching in class I. which type of development does it aim at ?
14. Which characteristic is seen among backward learners ?
- Ability to analyse
- Objective based behaviour
- Desire for vocation of repute
- Inability to express ideas
15. What is the meaning of learners social development ?
- Development of social behavior
- Development of society
- Development of the individual
- Development of the community
16. Which characteristic is not an indicator of creativity ?
- Originality in thinking
- Convergent thinking
17. By which method a gifted child can be identified ?
- Intelligence testing
- Diagnostic testing
- Attitude testing
18. “Natural response to a stimulus can be connected to an unconditioned stimulus”- Who experimented it first ?
19. Which is an external motivation ?
- Thirst for knowledge
- Self esteem
20. Which is the first step of Mastery Learning ?
- Determining the level of mastery
- Teaching for mastery
- Defining mastery
- Planning for attaining mastery
21. Which statement on development is correct ?
- Development does not take place after the age of 20 to 22 years in case of boys.
- Development stops at maturity
- Development declines after the age of 40.
- Development continues till death
22. At what stage of development, thee child tries to draw the attention of others towards his own work ?
- Early childhood
- Later childhood
23. Which statement shows correct relationship between Mean, Median and Mode of a Normal Probability Curve ?
- 2 Mode = Median + Mean
- 2 Median = Mean + Mode
- 2 Mean = Median + Mode
- All of the above
24. “Intelligence is the ability to carry on abstract thinking “- whose opinion is it ?
25. Which statement on intelligence is correct ?
- Intelligence increases from birth to death
- Intelligence delops by the influence of environment
- Intelligence refers to specific ability.
- Intelligence has no correlation with learning process.
26. “Education is a tri-polar process”. What are the three poles?
- Learner, Teacher and Society
- Learner, Teacher and School
- Learner, Teacher and Book
- Learner, Society and School
27. Which is the correct order for preparing an achievement test ?
- Identify objective, selection of content, preparation of blue print and writing test items.
- Preparation of blue print, identifying objective, selection of content and writing test items.
- Identifying objectives, preparation of blue print, selection of content and writing test items.
- Selection of content, identifying objectives, preparation of blue print and writing test items.
28. A teacher prepared a test in science and administered it to a group of students. He then administered a standardized test to the same group. The co-efficient of correlation (r) between the two sets of marks so obtained was + 0.82. What does it indicate about the teacher-made test ?
- The test is valid.
- The test is reliable but not valid.
- The test is objective.
- The test is valid but not reliable.
29. What is there in a blue-print ?
- Relative weightage to the objectives
- Relative weightage to the content
- Relative weightage to type of questions
- All of the above
30. Which is correct from mastery learning point of view ?
- Equal learning objectives for all the learners.
- Method of teaching is equal for all the learners.
- Rate of learning is equal for all the learners.
- Learning time is equal for all the learners.