In 2012, First OTET Exam was held. OTET 2012 Paper-2 Child Development & Pedagogy Questions Paper is given below. These 30 questions were asked in the 2012 Paper-II Exam.
OTET 2012 Paper-2 Child Development & Pedagogy Questions
1. Which method of studying the behaviour of the educand is not possible on the part of the teacher ?
- Family Position
2. Which characteristic is not seen in a creative individual ?
- High memory power
- Independent thinking
3. Which one doesn’t come under motor learning ?
- Joining dots
4. Which shall the teacher do in the class-room for the hearing impaired children ?
- Reading while writing on the black board
- Ask the chil to sit on the front bench
- Using more audio-visual aids
- Write large size letters on the black-board
5. What shall the teacher do to increse the retentive power of the child ?
- Use proper stimulus
- Arrange frequent assessement system
- Arrange diagnostic tests
- Arrabge frequent learning of the topic
6. Which one should not be used frequently as as external motivation ?
7. Which one is not a characteristic of the learning process ?
- A contionus process
- Brings changes in the behavious
- A social process
- A cumulative process
8. Curiosity is an example of which development ?
9. Which process takes place throughout human life ?
- Physical growth
- Learning process
- Intellectual development
- Social development
10. The mental health of a chil does not depend on which factor ?
- Teacher’s knowledge
- Relationship with peers
- Financial condition of the family
- Quarrel between parents
11. According to which learning theory the educand reaches the goal all on a sudden after a few random trials ?
- Trial and error theory
- Insightful learning theory
- Theory of conditions
- Field theory
12. What type of evaluation is the High School Certificate Examination conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, odisha ?
13. What is the age limit of early childjood according to Hurlock ?
- 0 to 6
- 2 to 6
- 2 to 10
- 0 to 2
14. Which three factors are related with skill of questioning ?
- Structure of question, process of questioning and personality of teacher
- Process of questioning, product of question and personality of teacher
- Structure of question, product of question and personality of teacher
- Structure of question, process of questioning and product of question
15. What type of evaluationis done during teaching ?
16. What happens in the child-centred education ?
- Child learns of his own accord
- Child is more active than the teacher
- Teacher gives more task to the child
- Teacher’s presence is not necessary in learning
17. What is an objective question ?
- Question which measures a fixed objective of learning
- Question based on a fixed topic
- Question having a fixed answer
- Question measuring more than one objective of teaching
18. How is the reliability of a test measured ?
- The same group of students are examined twice and the co-efficient of correlation between their scores is calculated
- The same group of students are divided into two halves and their marks are compared
- Two different groups of students are examined and the co-efficient of correlation is calculated
- The test is analysed by subject specialists
19. Which is a characteristic of intelligence ?
- It increases throughout life
- Intelligence has no relationship with heredity
- Intelligence has no relationship with environment
- Intelligence increses upto a fixed age
20. The central point of the teaching-learning process is :
- Test book
21. Which stage of growth and development of the child is called as a period of stress and strain ?
- Early childhood
- Late childhood
22. Which one of the following is not considered for preparing the curriculum ?
- Needs of the educand
- Paresnts opinion
- Social value
- Views of specialists
23. What is the common characteristic of children having learning disabilities ?
- I.Q. less than 70 and very poor learning achievement
- I.Q. between 70 and 85 and very poor learning achievement
- Normal intelligence quotient and poor learning achievement in relation to I.Q.
- High I.Q. and poor learning achievement
24. Which one is correct for child centred approach in teaching ?
- Teacher works as as pathe finder
- Child learns by rote memory
- Teachers presence is the class-room is not necessary
- While the chil remains active the teacher remains completely inactive
25. Which of the following statements refers to evolution ?
- Hari has secured 90 marks in Mathematics
- A, completed 100 meters race in 1 minute and stood second
- Basu types 40 words a minute
- Ram has secured more marks in Mathematics than Hari
26. Which statement is applicable for teacher-centred learning ?
- Educand gets opportunity to ask question
- No opportinity to be unmindful
- More useful for morons
- Teacher becomes more active
27. “Hit the iron when hot” this statement is based on Thorndike’s which law of learning ?
- Law of readiness
- Law of excise
- Law of effect
- None of these
28. Who prepare the first intelligence test ?
- Cyril burt
- Alfred Binet
- M.A. Merril
- L.M. Terman
29. Which one is a characteristic of intelligence ?
- Hereditary and it is influenced by environment
- A gift of the environment
- Increases up to a fixed age
- Increases through out the life
30. How does study of educational psychology help the teacher ?
- For acquiring more knowledge in the topic, the teacher has to teach
- For knowing the family history of the child
- To know the relation of the child with his peers
- To increase his own occupational efficiency