Odisha Secondary School Teacher Eligibility Test (OSSTET) is conducted by BSE, Odisha in a year to select the eligible candidates for the post of High School Teacher. The candidates who want to be a teacher in Odisha Government High School (IX and X) have to qualify the OSSTET Examination. OSSTET exam will be conducted for TWO papers, i.e Paper-I and Paper-II. The candidates who comes under the Category-I, will appear the Paper-I exam, and the candidates who comes under Category-II will appear the Paper-II Exam .The Exam Pattern and Syllabus for the Paper-I (Category-I) and Paper-II (Category-II) is different. See the OSSTET Syllabus 2018 & Exam Pattern below.
- T.G. Science (PCM/CBZ)
- T.G. Arts
- Hindi Teacher, Classical Teacher (Sanskrit), Urdu Teacher, Telugu Teacher
OSSTET Syllabus 2018 Download:
Here we have provided the link to the syllabus of each subject. Click on the subject name to see the syllabus of that section. You can also download the full syllabus from the below given link
OSSTET Exam Pattern & Question Pattern :
- The duration of the test in each paper shall be 2:30 hours. The total mark of the test is 150 for both Paper-I and Paper-II.
- All questions will be Multiple Choice Question (MCQ), each carrying one mark with four alternatives out of which one answer is correct.
- There shall be four sections in both paper-I and paper-II.
- The language -I i.e. MIL (Odia) and language-II i.e. English shall be compulsory for all categories of posts in both paper-I and paper-II.
- In section III – the questions in Science subject (PCM / CBZ) shall be in English. The questions in Arts subjects (Social studies) shall be in English. The questions in subject like Hindi / Classical (Sanskrit / Telugu / Urdu) shall be in respective languages.
- In section IV – the question in Child Development, Pedagogy, School Management and Evaluation shall be in English and compulsory for both the category in both the papers.
- There shall be no negative marking.
Paper-I Exam Pattern for Category-I
If a person want to be teacher under category-I, then he has to qualify the OSSTET Paper-I examination. Paper-I question paper has 4 Sections . Section-I, II and IV are compulsory for all candidates but candidates have to choose any One optional Paper from Section-III according to their qualification.
- For TG (Science) : Mathematics & Science (PCM/CBZ)
- For TG (Arts) : Social Studies
- For Classical Teacher : Hindi, Sanskrit, Telugu, Urdu
Paper-II Exam Pattern for Category-II (PET)
If a candidates want to be a Teacher under Category-II (PET) then he has to qualify the OSSTET Paper-II Examination. Paper-II question paper has 4 sections as shown below.