OSSC Combined Police Service Syllabus & Exam Pattern is described below. Odisha SSC is going to held a written examination “Combined Police Service Exam” for the recruitment of Sub-inspector of Police (SI), Sergeant of Police (SP) and Station Office (Fire Service). The detail syllabus and exam pattern and selection method is mentioned below. Stages are Preliminary examination, Physical Test, Main Written examination and viva voce test.
OSSC Combined Police Service Exam (CPSE) Pattern :
Odisha SSC will conduct the preliminary examination of 100 marks. It is of qualifying mark. After preliminary examination, physically test of the candidates will be held to shortlist the candidates for the main written examination. Main written exam for SI and SP is of 300 Marks ( 3 Papers) and for Station Office (Fire Service), written examination is of 500 Marks (4 Papers).
- Preliminary Examination : 100 Marks : 1 Hour
- Paper-I (Main) : General English : 50 Marks : 1:30 Hours
- Paper-II (Main) : Odia Language : 50 Marks : 1:30 Hours
- Paper-III (Main) : General Studies : 200 Marks : 3 Hours
- Paper-Iv (Main) : Technical Paper : 200 Marks : 3 Hours (Only for Station Office (Fire Service)
The students applying for the Station Office (Fire Service), have to appear one extra Paper-IV in the Main written examination. The details syllabus and course content are described below.
OSSC Combined Police Service Syllabus & Exam Pattern
Preliminary Exam Syllabus (100 Marks )
- The Preliminary Examination shall consist of one paper of 100 marks of one hour duration.
- The question shall be of objective type with multiple choice to be answered in OMR sheet.
- The questions shall he set proportionately from general science, current events of National & International importance. history of India and Odisha. Fundamentals of English grammar, Arithmetic of HSC standard. problem solving and reasoning. The Commission may fix a qualifying mark in the preliminary examination.
Main Written Examination Syllabus :
The candidates qualifying in the physical test will be allowed to appear in the main written test which shall consist of the following subjects
Paper-I : General English (50 marks)
The aim of the paper is to test the candidate’s ability to read and understand serious discursive prose and to express his ideas clearly and correctly in English. The pattern of questions will broadly include the following with graduation standard.
- Comprehension of a given passage
- Precis writing
- Usage and vocabulary
- Short essay writing
- Questions to test the Knowledge of grammar.
The questions will be of descriptive type in which question cum-answer book will be used.
Paper-II: Odia Language (50 marks)
The questions shall be of graduation standard to test the following.
- Comprehension of a given passage.
- Letter/Application/Report writing.
- Usage and vocabulary.
- Short essay writing.
- Translation from English to Odia.
The questions will he of descriptive type in which question cum-answer book will be used.
Paper- III: General Studies (200 marks)
The paper on General Studies will include questions covering the following fields of knowledge.
(i) General Science and recent scientific/technological developments: Questions will test the candidate’s awareness in the field of science and technology. including matters of everyday observations and experience.
(ii) Current events of National and international importance: Questions shall he to test the knowledge of significant National and International events and of the topics of social relevance in the present day India.
(iii) History of India from ancient times and Indian National Movement: Emphasis will be on testing general understanding of social economic and political aspects of the Indian History. Questions on Indian National Movement will relate to the nature and character of the nineteenth century resurgence. growth of Nationalism. attainment of Independence and role of leading personalities in the freedom movement.
(iv) Indian and World Geography : Emphasis will more be on geography of India. The questions will relate to physical and economic geography of the country. It shall cover the main features of Indian agriculture and National resources.
(v) Indian polity and economy: Questions on Indian polity and economy shall be on political system. Constitution of India. Panchayati Raj Administration, Principal features and characteristics of Indian economy, planning and economic development of India.
(vi) Mental ability test of reasoning
(vii) Numerical ability test and Arithmetic of H.S.C. Standard;
TECHNICAL PAPER (only for Station Officer) — 200 marks
The questions shall be set from physics and chemistry only. The questions shall be of + 2 standard and objective type to he answered in the OMR Sheet.